We are experienced in construction law and all issues arising from construction projects. Often, such projects are stalled or cancelled due to lack of funding and breach of contract claims, or in some instances even due to issues with adjacent property owners. Our firm is ready, willing and able to assist your construction business by providing exceptional legal services and advice.
Our lawyers represent real estate developers, general contractors, sub-contractors, workers, managers, designers, suppliers, architects and owners in many phases of the building process.
We regularly assist clients with:
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Analyzing, prosecuting and defending breach of contract claims
- Negotiating financing agreements
- Arbitrating disputes
- Surety and bond claims
- Public and federal contracting
- Contractor licensing
- Creating, filing and foreclosing mechanic’s liens
- Defending and prosecuting lawsuits arising from site accidents and workers’ injuries under N.Y. labor law §240.1 (crane accidents, scaffolding accidents, etc.)
- Defending lawsuits arising from claims concerning defects and deficiencies, delays, insurance coverage, etc.
- Securing necessary permits and licenses
- RPAPL 881 issues
- New York City Department of Building and Administrative Code violations.
“We also pride ourselves on providing advice and representation that will assist in having proper contractual protections in place from the start of the project and that will avoid disputes arising after the building process has begun.”
Meet Our Professionals
The attorneys at Bashian & Papantoniou are constantly striving to take law to the next level. Our team is comprised of exceptional professionals who put their clients first. We are knowledgeable, personable and diligent. Client success is our top priority.