Our seasoned corporate attorneys represent a variety of business entities, including large, mid-sized and emerging businesses. We assist our clients in developing long term strategies to maximize profitability of their hard earned investments by navigating them through the intricacies of structuring, managing and operating a successful business enterprise.
“Attorneys with tested legal business acumen who will help you avoid controversies and evaluate legal risks by drawing upon our experiences.”
Our corporate lawyers can answer all of your business law questions and will guide you through every stage of growth and development. Successful businesses need more than just your average attorney; they demand trusted advisers and counselors with insight and creativity to create the business of tomorrow. Moreover, our business attorneys often offer legal consulting services for many businesses in various sectors of industry.
Bashian & Papantoniou provides exceptional guidance to its clients who are seeking new business opportunities. One of the most important decisions you must make when starting a new business is selecting the appropriate form of entity for your new commercial venture. Not only will this important decision have significant tax and legal implications, but it may also affect the ability to retain talent and attract prospective investors.
“We counsel our clients in all facets of this process, whether dealing with partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, professional corporations, and sole proprietorships.”
As your business attorneys, we will work to develop strategies and procedures for you to follow with your experts on various accounting and tax issues associated with owning and operating a new business, and assist you in the protection of potential intellectual property issues.
Let our commercial attorneys help you with the following matters:
- Shareholder agreements
- Board of director and shareholder minutes
- Employment agreements
- Sales and commission agreements
- Executive agreements
- Contracts, preparation and review of corporate documents
- Non-compete and non-solicitation agreements
- Copyright, trademark and intellectual property
- Due diligence
- Real estate ventures
- Entertainment and talent representation
- Joint ventures
- Severance agreements
- Employment policies and handbooks
- Non-profit formation and 501(c) charitable tax status
- Settlement agreements and releases
- Confidentiality agreements
At Bashian & Papantoniou, our business lawyers assist our clients with the following:
- Organizing and conducting shareholder, member, and board of directors meetings
- Shareholder relationships and disputes, dealing with dissident shareholders and executive terminations
- General corporate compliance
- Board of directors and management advisory
- Guiding directors, senior executives and controlling shareholders with respect to their fiduciary duties, including duty of care and duty of loyalty, as well guiding directors through the application of the business judgment rule
- Setting up a comprehensive risk management plan
- Our lawyers advise board of directors and management of companies on virtually every aspect of business law, whether it’s on an individual transaction basis or as their general counsel, including serving as general corporate counsel to supplement already existing in-house counsel.
Mergers and Acquisitions
“Our M&A attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in handling mergers and acquisitions of every transaction size.”
Our business lawyers have worked with many types of businesses ranging from small “mom and pop” shops to large, well-known companies in the negotiation and preparation of merger agreements, stock purchase agreements and asset purchase agreements, as well as any ancillary documents associated with such transactions, including any issues relating to HSR Filings.
In structuring transactions, our business attorneys are keenly aware of the legal issues and consequences facing your business in a purchase or divestiture and are knowledgeable in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Preparing and negotiating letters of intent
- Conducting preliminary and follow-up due diligence reviews and assessments
- Negotiating and documenting various forms of transactions
- Negotiating agreements with brokers and investment bankers
- Reviewing and confirming historical corporate and shareholder actions
- Educating our clients with respect to purchase price mechanisms
“Our private equity attorneys have the extensive experience and capabilities to provide our clients’ legal representation and counsel on all aspects of private equity transactions”
Our private equity lawyers represent investors, venture capital funds, and emerging growth companies. Our business attorneys have the extensive experience and capabilities to provide our clients’ legal representation and counsel on all aspects of private equity transactions including, additional ancillary substantive issues that may arise at various stages of a venture financing. Our venture capital attorneys have experience in entry level (Series Seed) financing for small startup companies – we understand that small businesses are cost sensitive and we work with our business clients to provide cost effective legal guidance.
Meet Our Professionals
The attorneys at Bashian & Papantoniou are constantly striving to take law to the next level. Our team is comprised of exceptional professionals who put their clients first. We are knowledgeable, personable and diligent. Client success is our top priority.